Saturday, October 20, 2007

Still here after all these months


Once again I've changed my art focus. This spring and summer I've been learning to make dolls. Not play-dolls, but dolls as fiber sculpture. My most recent figure, Self Imagined, won the Warrior Artist Award at the Fiber Artists of San Antonio annual show. Then it SOLD on opening night. I don't have words to describe how thrilling that was. When I delivered the piece for jurying, I was convinced it wouldn't even be accepted. I was bombarded with compliments on it. I'm afraid I was in a daze and failed to notice all the splendid work in the show. To see other dolls I've made, click on the Flikr badge in the left column. I'm going to try and stay more current with this. Perhaps I've finally found my artistic voice.

No comments: